You have probably dealt with coffee stains on your clothes before. And so you know just how hard it is to remove them. But if you are dealing with it for the first time then you need to know what to do. It doesn’t matter if it’s just a single drop or an entire mug, you’re bound to have a very tough time of it. Sure, you could use simple household items to deal with the problem, it’s still important to know the best ways to solve it. And you need to do it fast.
A way to get rid of a coffee stain from your clothing is by rubbing liquid laundry detergent and a little cold water where you have gotten the stain. You can also use liquid dish soap. Let fresh stains sit for a couple of minutes before, but don’t let them dry.
Table of Contents
☕ Steps to Remove Coffee Stains from Clothing
These are the materials that you will need to remove coffee stains from clothing:
- Dishwashing liquid
- Laundry stain remover
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Powdered laundry detergent
- White vinegar
- Flush Using Cold Water – If it is a fresh stain, run water through it so that the coffee will not penetrate the fabric. Continue to do this for as long as 15 minutes or until the stain is finally clear.
- Apply Liquid Laundry Detergent – You can also rub some liquid laundry detergent and cold water into the stained fabric. As an alternative, you can also use liquid dish soap for the purpose. Let it sit for as long as five minutes. You can let it sit for longer than that but make sure that it does not get dry.
- Try Using Powdered Detergent – If the coffee stain is still there, you can use powdered detergent that’s mixed with equal parts water and white vinegar. Turn the mixture into a paste. Use an old toothbrush so you can scrub the stain.
- Pretreat and Then Wash – A stain remover gel or spray can be applied to the stain. Allow it to sit for five minutes then wash the cloth as you normally would.
- Inspect the Clothes and Then Dry – Make sure that the coffee stain is completely gone. If there is still a hint of the stain there, simply repeat the steps of the treatment process until it is completely gone.
Common Questions About Coffee Stain
Are Coffee Stains Permanent?
So, are coffee stains permanent? The answer is no. Coffee stains on your clothes are not permanent and they are not going to be there forever. Even if the coffee stains on your clothes are already a bit old, it is still not going to remain there forever. Although the older the coffee stains are, the harder it is to get them off the clothes. So the key would be to remove them as early as possible. Or at the very least, to remove them as soon as you are able to notice them on your clothes. Time is the most important element when dealing with coffee stains.
Does White Vinegar Remove Coffee Stains
White vinegar can help remove coffee stains. In fact, it is one of the most important components for removing coffee stains from various types of surfaces. You will find that white vinegar is used to help remove coffee stains from the following:
- White Clothes
- Wooden Floors or Furniture
As you can see from the list, white vinegar is indeed useful for removing coffee stains from different surfaces. Do take note that white vinegar is used for removing dried coffee stains from the materials listed with the exception of jeans. For jeans, white vinegar is used for removing fresh coffee stains instead of the dried kind. White vinegar is usually mixed with other substances before being used for removing the stain. It is not used on its own.
Will Baking Soda Remove Coffee Stains?
Yes, baking soda can indeed be used to help remove coffee stains. It is actually one of the most common household items that is effective in the removal of coffee stains from various types of surfaces.
Baking soda is effective for removing coffee stains from jeans.Here is the process to do it:
- You will need one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Sprinkle the baking soda evenly over a clean wet while cloth.
- Gently rub the cloth over the stain.
- Repeat this process as many times as needed.
- Launder the jeans in your usual way.
You can also use baking soda to remove coffee stains from cups. This is the process:
- Sprinkle a little amount of baking soda into the coffee cup.
- Add water to make a paste.
- Get a dishwashing sponge and scrub the cup.
- Use water to rinse and wash the cup.
Coffee stains do not look good on your clothes. And not only does it look bad, it is also very tough to remove. It gets even tougher as more time passes by. If you can deal with it earlier, the better it is for you and your clothes. So time is really such a major factor in being able to remove the unwanted and unsightly coffee stains. It’s a good thing that you can use simple items such as those found in your household for the purpose. It would at least help you do the job faster and more efficiently.