A Tervis cup is known for its durability, variety of designs and superior capability to keep both cold and hot drinks at the right temperature for hours. These products are safe to use in the dishwasher, freezer, and microwave. Sadly, a Tervis cup will end up with coffee stains in the long run. With this in mind, you must know how to deal with these unsightly stains. Read further to learn ways on how to remove coffee stains from Tervis cup.
Table of Contents
Effective methods on how to remove coffee stains from Tervis cup
If your favorite Tervis cup ends up with unappealing coffee stains, you should get rid of them immediately to restore its pristine appearance. Let us take a look at the steps on how to remove coffee stains from Tervis cup using some common household products.
- Heat vinegar for up to 2 minutes.
- Pour the heated vinegar on your Tervis cup and leave it in place for 3-4 hours. At this point, the coffee stain should disappear.
- Pour out the vinegar and wash the cup.
Repeat the process as necessary if a trace of the stain is still present.
- Place 2 tablespoons of baking soda in the base of your Tervis cup.
- Pour a small amount of water until a paste-like consistency is achieved.
- Use a microfiber cloth to rub the paste on the coffee stain.
- Wash the cup using clean water.
Repeat the process as needed until the stain is completely removed.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon into the cup, ideally on areas with the coffee stains.
- Leave in place for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a cloth to rub on the stains.
- Clean the interior of the cup using water.
Repeat the process as needed.
- Soak your Tervis cup in freshwater.
- Apply salt directly on the stained areas of the cup.
- Scrub using a microfiber cloth and leave the cup to sit for a while.
- Rinse with clean water thoroughly
Repeat the process as necessary if a trace of the coffee stain lingers.
How to clean a Tervis cup
A Tervis cup requires proper care to prevent stains or odor from forming. Simply follow the steps below.
- Use a non-abrasive sponge and pour some baking soda on it.
- Pour ½ cup of white vinegar in the cup.
- Dip the sponge with baking soda in the cup and scrub thoroughly.
- Rinse with clean water.
As part of regular care for your Tervis cup, these simple steps will keep it clean and looking good as new.
How do you clean a cloudy Tervis cup?
A cloudy Tervis cup can be remedied with several cleaning methods. Let us take a look at the cleaning techniques that you can use below.
- Soaking in vinegar. Fill a bucket with white vinegar. Soak your cloudy Tervis cup for 5 minutes. Remove after and check the results.
- Baking soda and vinegar. In case the vinegar soak was not effective in getting rid of the cloudiness, sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda. Alternately, add a dusting of baking soda on a moist sponge and scrub the cup. The combination of vinegar and baking soda will dissolve the film that causes the plastic to appear cloudy.
- Vinegar and water mixture. Combine white vinegar and water in equivalent parts. Prepare the appropriate amount where you can fully submerge your Tervis cup. Allow it to soak for up to an hour. Scrub using a damp rag until the cup becomes clear. Rinse thoroughly under warm water and dry with a soft towel.
- Baking soda paste. Mix equal amounts of water and baking soda to create a paste. Dip a paper towel into the paste and apply it on the cloudy Tervis cup in steady circular motions. As the paste gets rid of the cloudiness, the paper towel will darken with grime.
- Lemon juice blend. Mix lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of baking soda in your cloudy Tervis cup. Fill it with water. Scrub the interior with a non-abrasive sponge or microfiber cloth.
Does baking soda remove coffee stains from Tervis cup?
When your Tervis cup ends up with unappealing coffee stains, you can use baking soda. The household product is a strong whitening agent that can eliminate coffee stains effectively.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of baking soda in the base of your Tervis cup.
- Add a few drops of water until a paste-like consistency form.
- Use a microfiber cloth to rub the paste on the coffee stains.
- Wash your Tervis cup using clean water.
You can repeat the process if a trace of the coffee stain lingers. Generally, the stains will vanish after 2-3 attempts.
Does OxiClean remove coffee stains from Tervis cup?
Coffee can easily stain almost anything it comes in contact with, including plastic such as your Tervis cup. Most plastic is not porous and can be readily cleaned after a single spill. Sadly, stains can build up steadily until they become noticeable.
- Wash your Tervis cup to get rid of any grime or grease that might hold the coffee stain in place. In most cases, regular dish soap works well or you can run it through a dishwasher cycle.
- OxiClean can be used to deal with coffee stains. Simply mix 2 tablespoons of OxiClean with 2 cups of hot water. Soak your Tervis cup for up to 30 minutes in this solution.
- Rinse the cup thoroughly.
- Wipe with a soft cloth to eliminate any residue and dry with a towel.
When your favorite Tervis cup ends up with undesirable coffee stains, you do not want to throw it away just yet. With the techniques on how to remove coffee stains from Tervis cup, you can thoroughly clean and effectively deal with stubborn coffee stains to keep your Tervis cup looking good as new.