Come on, man. When you mess around, there could be mess around. The moments after action are never as perfect as they are in movies. No matter how cautious you are, semen spills can stain your sheets, or other surfaces. Don’t be too bothered by the cum stains though, because we have lots of remedies that you can choose from, to help you deal with the aftermath.
Table of Contents
How to get cum stains out of clothes, sheets, sofa or carpet
Most cum stains on sheets and clothes can be removed with a simple wash cycle. When things get a little messier on the sofa or carpet, semen stains can be removed with a damp cloth and mild soap. Make sure you use cold water because hot water makes semen stickier.
Got cum in your hair? You should never use this product to remove stains from hair and skin (read number 7).
Removing cum stains from the couch
You could have just done it somewhere else instead of on your couch. But sometimes when the moment strikes, it happens where it happens. Whether you were with a partner or it was a solo act, you just soiled the upholstery of your couch.
Fortunately, if the semen stain is just as fresh as the excellent memory of the hot scene. You can do the following steps:
- Grab a cloth dampened with cold water.
- Use the cloth to wipe the semen off the upholstery.
- Some of this manly discharge may have already adhered to the fabric. To remove it before it sets in, use the other side of your damp cloth to rub the semen smeared area.
- The area with the stain is wet at this point. This is where you add a very small amount of liquid detergent or mild dish soap on the semen stain. Rub circularly to form a lather.
- Remove the lather using another clean cloth dampened with cold water.
- Indirectly rinse your upholstery by wiping the stained area using a clean wet cloth.
- Dry the rinsed area with a dry paper towel.
Sweating a lot? This is the way to remove sweat stains from pillows etc.
Video: How to remove cum stains from a sofa
Cum on the carpet?
If things got crazy before the two of you could even reach the bed, and your carpet caught the naughty cum stain, the sofa procedure above is also applicable. The only difference is that you must eliminate all the rubbing and replace it with a blotting action. These steps will guide you:
- Use cold water and detergent to make a solution.
- Soak the sponge inside the bowl containing the solution and blot the area with the stain.
- Wash the sponge and wring it appropriately to remove residual detergent. Once the sponge is detergent-free, soak it in a separate bowl filled with cold water. Use it to rinse the stained area to get rid of the detergent on your carpet.
- Dry the area with a paper towel.
If the cum stain is old, and a crusty build-up is on your carpet, it would be best if you first remove the crust with a spatula or dull knife. Once the flakes are gone, you can start working on the four steps above.
–>> Keep you hands nice and soft with a good hand lotion.
Remove semen stains on sheets by washing normally
If cuddling isn’t your favorite post routine, you can get started on your dirty laundry right away.
- Take off your bedsheets and soak them in cold water. You can also include your blanket and pillowcases just in case there was a splatter.
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Wash your sheets as usual.
If you got coconut oil on your sheets (or pillow or clothes) then find out about those kind of stains here: Remove coconut oil stains.
Instant stain removal with spot treatment
This is an easy way of removing fresh cum stains. The sooner you deal with them, the better. But even if stains are there for quite some time, you may opt to follow this procedure below:
- Treat the stained area with pre-washing spray or spot treatment solution. Almost any brand will do. This can be bought in any of your trusted stores.
- After pre-treating the cum stain, put your sheets in a wash cycle, rinse, and allow to dry.
Washing cum-stained clothes to remove stains
Cum stains on clothes are not that surprising, especially if you’re acting solo. When removing such stains on your clothing, you need to first check the type of fabric your clothes are made of. By doing so, you can come up with a solution specially designed for such fabric.
- If the clothing is made of simple washable fabric like cotton, you can use cold water and detergent. Rub the stained site of the clothing with your hands.
- Afterward, wash it in your washing machine with no further treatment substances added.
- If the clothing is made of silk or wool, you must be extra careful in handling it. It is not advisable to rub silk and wool because such actions can ruin the fabrics. Instead, do a blotting action.
Did you matress get coffee stained too? Remove coffee stains from mattress
Commonly asked questions about cum stains
Can hot water be used in removing semen stains?
No. You shouldn’t use hot water to remove semen stains. The problem with hot water is that it makes the semen form into a gel-like consistency, making it much more difficult to remove. When semen coagulates, it holds onto the fabric much tighter.
This is why cold water is always the best choice when dealing with sticky semen stain removal.
Does sodium hypochlorite remove cum stains?
No, it usually makes them worse. The bleaching effect of sodium hypochlorite is tricky because, instead of removing cum stains, it tends to aggravate the stain and form a yellow discoloration on the stained spot. The use of this specific type of bleach is not advisable for cum stains.
Can you use hydrogen peroxide to remove cum stains?
Yes, hydrogen peroxide is the type of bleach that can help remove cum stains without the threat of color change. It is well-suited for protein-based stains like semen. Simply letting the stain soak in hydrogen peroxide for 3 minutes will help remove the pesky cum stains.
- Blot excess cum stain off your fabric.
- Spray hydrogen peroxide on the stained area.
- Allow it to sit for three minutes.
- Using a moist cloth, dampen the stained area to remove hydrogen peroxide residue.
- Dry it with a paper towel.
Does semen stain clothing and sheets?
If you get semen on your clothes or sheets it can stain them. It is a great idea to try to remove it with cold water since warmer water might make protein in semen coagulate, and thereby making the stain on the clothes or sheets permanent.
Are sperm stains permanent?
If you have to deal with a fresh sperm stain, it usually easy to deal with. You just need to rinse it with cold water. You do risk a permanent stain if you use higher temperature water. So we recommend you stick to cold water for cleaning sperm.
Boys will be boys, even if they are big boys now. But then, a gentleman always cleans up his mess. Cleaning up after yourself is the manly thing to do, so take responsibility when things get a little messy. Don’t turn a blind eye to semen stains, and don’t make them a big deal. Just remove them because, after all, they are nothing but stains.