You might be one of those people who enjoy a bit of hot sauce on their food. And why not? It makes a lot of food taste better and adds so much kick to everything that it’s added to.
But, you also need to be wary of it because it can stain your clothes if you’re not very careful. It could happen while you’re eating or while you’re preparing food. The problem is that hot sauce can be a bit stubborn, especially if you don’t act fast. What steps do you need to take? Read on to find out.
Table of Contents
Steps to Remove Hot Sauce Stains from clothes
When you need to remove hot sauce stains from clothes you need to act fast. First blot the stain, then use a stain removal pen and afterward flush the stained area with cold water. Sponge the stain with white vinegar and rinse. Repeat the last step until the hot sauce stain is gone.
The following are the steps that you need to do in order to remove hot sauce stains from your clothes:
Step 1: Blot the stain.
For stains caused by liquid sauces, blot it out using a clean white cloth or a napkin. Even plain white bread can be used to absorb the liquid. If the hot sauce has solids, use a spoon or the edge of a dull knife for the purpose.
Step 2: Use a stain removal pen
Use a stain removal pen to spot treat the stain. It would really help if you have one and can use it in this case.
Step 3: Flush the affected area with water.
Do this as soon as you can and you need to be sure that you are using cold water.
Step 4: Blot using vinegar and rinse.
Get a sponge or a clean piece of cloth and dip it in white vinegar. Sponge the stain and then rinse it well afterward. Repeat this until the stain is gone.
Step 5: Use a stain remover and then wash it.
You can either use a stain remover or a heavy duty liquid detergent. Wash the clothing as recommended.
Step 6: You can also use oxygen bleach.
This could be your last resort. Mix a solution of bleach and tepid water and soak the clothing there.
Common Questions About Hot Sauce Stains
How do You Get Dried Hot Sauce Out of Clothes?
We need to make one thing clear – you can’t wait until the hot sauce is dry until you try to remove it. By then it would already be too late. So here’s what you need to do in case your clothes get stained by hot sauce.
- Don’t waste any time and act right away.
- Run the stained piece of clothing under cool water. Do this for more than one minute.
- Prepare a cool water bath that contains liquid detergent and white vinegar. Place the piece of clothing in the cool water bath.
- Pre-treat the area that is affected by the hot sauce stain using a laundry stain remover. After that, you can wash the clothing.
- If you have a laundry detergent that can fight stain, then you can soak the clothing in that.
- Make sure that the stain is completely gone before drying the clothing using a drying machine.
Do Buffalo Sauce Stains Come Out?
Everybody enjoys buffalo wings! Especially when you are enjoying a game or a favorite TV show with friends or family. But it can be very tough once you start dealing with buffalo sauce stains.
So do buffalo sauce stains come out?
As it turns out, yes. But you need to follow these steps to do it:
- If you see a blob of sauce, get a spoon to remove it. Blotting it will only spread the stain at this point.
- Rinse out the stain using cold water. Make sure that you run the water through the back of the stain to force out the sauce.
- Apply liquid laundry detergent on both sides of the stain using your hands. Allow it to sit for one or two minutes. Then rinse it out using water.
- Use white vinegar to blot the stain.
- Wash the clothing and use a stain pretreatment.
How do You Get Hot Sauce Stains Out of Carpet?
We cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you to act quickly once you discover the hot sauce stain.
For example, once you notice that your carpet has hot sauce stains on it, do the following:
- Get a clean towel and press it firmly on the area of the carpet that has been stained.
- Add more pressure by standing on the towel.
- Take the towel off of the stain.
- Use a spray bottle to spray a mixture of water and vinegar on the stain. The mixture should be 50 % water and 50 % vinegar.
- Press the towel directly to the carpet. Make sure that it is the clean part of the towel. Do this by standing on the towel again.
Hot sauce might be enjoyable but they could also cause some trouble. While it is so easy to get them on your clothes or other fabric, it’s a little more difficult to take them off. You need to be quick in responding to the problem and do the necessary steps to make sure the stain will be gone in no time.