When your vinyl floor ends up with turmeric stains, it is important to deal with it right away. Remember that certain products, including turmeric, can leave behind stains if left on the vinyl floor for a long time. Turmeric is a powdered spice that can cause a bright orange stain on the floor when wet. This can be quite problematic if you have a floor that is light in color. Read further to learn ways on how to remove turmeric stains from floor.
Table of Contents
Steps on how to remove turmeric stains from floor
If you have vinyl flooring that ends up with turmeric stains, you must act immediately. Let’s take a look at the steps on how to remove turmeric stains from floor.
- Brush away any turmeric powder using a broom and discard properly.
- Dry the site completely using clean paper towels. You can use several paper towels as needed to remove any leftover turmeric residue on your vinyl floor.
- Saturate a terry cloth in warm water. Terry cloth has a lifted nap that can work out any stains.
- Scrub the cloth on the stained area until they vanish. Start working on the edges of the stain and move towards the center to prevent the stain from spreading.
- Prepare a solution by mixing a cup of warm water and 2 drops of liquid dish soap if a trace of the stain lingers. It is best to use soap that does not include any bleach or scents.
- Rub the foamy water over the stained area until it is gone.
- For a stubborn stain, blot rubbing alcohol directly on it. Work it on the stain until it completely fades. Make sure that you will use a little amount as possible.
- Rinse the site with a solution of 1-part water to 1-part white vinegar. The white vinegar works by removing the soap residue and neutralizes the turmeric odor from the floor.
- Dry the site using a clean towel or cloth.
How to get rid of turmeric stains on the carpet
Once you discover a turmeric stain on your carpet, you should act right away. Remember that this can turn into a permanent stain if left alone for some time.
- Use a clean white cloth or paper towel to carefully blot on the stain. You must be careful and avoid rubbing since it will spread the stain. If the turmeric is in powder form, use a slightly moist towel to lift it from the carpet fibers.
- Prepare a solution by mixing water and a few drops of dish soap. Apply this solution on the site with a clean towel or cloth. Continue blotting while switching to a new area of the cloth until the turmeric stains have been lifted.
- For a stubborn stain, use a small amount of hydrogen peroxide. Make sure that you will test first in a concealed part of the carpet since it can act as a bleaching agent. Combine a 1:9 ratio with water and place it in a spray bottle. Spritz the mixture lightly on the site. Let it sit for a few minutes to a few hours. Follow-up with some dish soap and water and rinse thoroughly.
Does Vanish remove turmeric stains?
When dealing with turmeric stains, you can use Vanish to remove them. Simply follow these steps when using Vanish Oxi Action Powder.
- Prepare a paste by mixing ¼ scoop of powder with ¾ scoop of water. Mix thoroughly until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Carefully rub on the stained area.
- Let the paste sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash as usual using your preferred detergent and add another scoop of Vanish.
Make sure that you will carefully follow the instructions on the packaging. Avoid using on silk, wool, or leather as well as on finished or coated surfaces such as metals or wood.
How do you remove turmeric stains from face?
Turmeric is a yellow spice that is usually used in preparing curry, but it can also be used to exfoliate your skin and prevent acne. Sadly, the natural pigment in turmeric can stain your skin with a yellowish tinge. In case you unintentionally stained your skin, face, or nails while using the spice, you can remove the stain using common household products.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of coconut or vegetable oil. Microwave for up to 15 seconds, until the oil, warms up. Take note that the color in turmeric will readily dissolve in oil than in water. This simply means that it will lift the stains easier.
- Gently rub the oil into your skin in circles over the stained area to work the oil into the skin. After scrubbing for 30 seconds, let it sit for up to a minute so that it will draw out the stain even more.
- Use a cotton pad to soak up the oil on your skin. Switch to a new pad until your skin is dry and the oil is completely removed.
- Lather a hand or body soap in warm water and apply it to the area. Work the soap in circles to remove any leftover stains. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a towel.
- Mix equal amounts of sugar and warm water in a bowl. Stir until it forms a thick paste.
- Apply the sugar paste to your skin and scrub in small circles. The sugar will lift the turmeric stains and exfoliate the skin at the same time.
- With warm soapy water, rinse the paste off your skin. Pat the skin dry with a soft towel or cloth.
Lemon juice and baking soda
- Mix baking soda and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir the mixture until a paste-like consistency form.
- Apply the paste on the turmeric stains and let it sit and dry for 2-3 minutes so that it will lift the stain.
- Once the paste sets, run warm water over the site to rinse it away. If some of the paste still sticks on your skin, use a paper towel to scrub it away.
Does liquid dish soap remove turmeric stains from floors?
If you discover turmeric stains on your floor, you can use dish soap to remove them. Start the removal process by blotting on the stains with a solution of warm water, white vinegar, and dish soap.
In case the stains are stubborn, apply a mixture of liquid glycerin, water, and dish soap. Dab this mixture on the stains using a cloth or towel until they fade.
Once you end up with turmeric stains on your skin, clothes, or floor, it is important to deal with them right away. Timely action will prevent the stain from embedding deeply which can become permanent or hard to remove. With the methods described on how to remove turmeric stains from floor or other surfaces, you can effectively remove the stains and restore their stain-free appearance.