A lot of people like to keep their Chapstick easily within reach. They usually like to have it in their pockets, for instance. After all, it is quite useful and especially during the winter. The problem with that is that their clothes can sometimes end up with unwanted stains. It’s unfortunate that it leaves such a mark on people’s clothes. If you happen to be one of those that use the product, you might want to know how to remove Chapstick stains from clothes. Read on then to learn the details.
Table of Contents
Steps to Remove Chapstick Stains from Clothes
When you remove chapstick stains from clothes there is two things to keep in mind. First, you need to remove the oily and greasy residue which is part of the stain. Second is to remember the colored part of the chapstick stain, which is also very significant.
Here is the step by step process for removing the stains:
- Step 1: Scrape off the excess Chapstick that is found on the fabric of your clothing. Try to remove as much while also being careful that you do not smear it even more on the rest of the fabric. You can use a spoon, a dull knife, or the edge of a card for scraping.
- Step 2: Make sure to check your clothing very carefully. You can use an enzyme based stain remover for the job. But if you do not have that available, you can always use heavy-duty detergent or dishwashing liquid. The detergent should contain the right amount of enzymes so it can cut through the Chapstick residue and finally release it from the fabric.
- Step 3: Carefully work the stain remover into the fabric. You can just use your fingers for this purpose or you can choose to use a soft-bristled brush to do the job. The stain remover should be allowed to sit on the stains for the next half hour.
- Step 4: After 30 minutes, the stain remover should have had enough time to do its job. Now you need to rewash the clothes. Take note, however, that you should only do it in the hottest water that is recommended in the clothes’ care tag. If you find that the stains are still there, you might have to repeat all the steps. After that, you can put it in the dryer.
Common Questions About Chapstick Stains
You want to know if Oxiclean can be used to remove Chapstick. The answer is an actual yes. The reason you would like to use something like Oxiclean in removing Chapstick is if it is tinted. Then it means that you are going to see some traces of color in the fabric that was affected.
That is where Oxiclean will come in. Or any other type of oxygen-based bleach for that matter. It will effectively remove the color without damaging the clothes. Simply follow the directions and mix Oxiclean with warm water. It should do the trick and help you remove the stain from the fabric.
It is serious enough to get Chapstick on your clothes when you are still wearing them or even after. But it is an entirely different problem to get them on your clothes after the drying process is over. For one, it is very difficult to remove.
The situation requires a more specialized remedy from you. Keep in mind that the longer a stain sits on the clothing, the harder it is to take it out. When that happens, it might take more than one remedy to remove it. One of the best techniques for this is scraping and soaling. You can use a plastic edge for scraping and a dishwashing liquid for soaking.
Getting Chapstick in your carpet is a tough problem to have. And if you do not get it out soon, it will only get more and more messy. Again, time is of the essence in fixing this particular problem. You have to remove as much as you can using whatever technique seems the best for you at the time. The tools that you are going to need are:
– paper towels
– a spoon
– a mild dish soap
– white lint-free cloths
– rubbing alcohol
– heavy weights such as a stack of books
As your first option, you must try and pick off as much of the Chapstick from the carpet using paper towels. Whatever is left should be picked off by the second technique. This would require you to use a combination of rubbing alcohol and soapy water.
It is true that chapstick can leave a stain on your clothes. Especially if your clothes has been in the dryer with a chapstick stain, it can be difficult to remove, and something that is worth having in mind if your a big chapstick fan.
Chapstick stains on your clothes are unfortunate by-products of carrying the product in your pocket or anywhere in your clothes. It can cause stains and unnecessary markings that can do more than smear the fabric. Good thing you can do something about it and all you have to do is to follow the process step by step.