Unsightly stains from turmeric are actually not that difficult to remove if you act quickly. There are a few methods you can try, from using vegetable or coconut oil to making a sugar scrub. Lemon juice and baking soda are also natural ways to remove turmeric stains from your skin.
People use turmeric to spice up lots of types of food. Surprisingly, you can also use it to exfoliate and freshen up your skin. To help you achieve your skincare goals without thinking about the stains brought by turmeric, here are the techniques that you can use:
Table of Contents
Removing turmeric stains using oil
You’ll need to gather vegetable or coconut oil, a cotton pad, and a soap of your choice.
- Let the vegetable or coconut oil warm in the microwave for fifteen seconds. The turmeric pigments can easily be dissolved using coconut oil, meaning it can help remove the stains easier.
- Massage the oil onto your skin. Gently scrub the oil on your skin for 30 seconds. To draw out the stain more, let the oil sit on your skin for a while.
- Wipe it off with a cotton pad. A disposable cotton pad can absorb the oil from your skin. You can also rotate the pad after it absorbs the oil.
- Continue wiping your skin dry to remove the oil. If you don’t have a cotton pad, you can use a dark-colored towel, which will also completely hide the stain.
- Use soapy water to wash your skin. Let it form bubbles and circle it around the stained area.
- Rinse it with water and use a towel to dry it up.
- Repeat the process if there are still stains on your skin.
Using a sugar scrub to remove turmeric stains
You need to collect sugar, a small bowl, warm water and hand soap.
- Mix the sugar and water in a bowl. Make sure that you combine an equal amount of water and sugar.
- Stir it until it creates a thick paste.
- Gently apply the sugar scrub in the turmeric stain.
- Scrub it onto your skin and massage it on your body in a circular motion. To avoid irritation, do not scrub hard.
- Use hand soap and water to form a lather.
- Rinse it thoroughly until the paste is entirely off, and pat it with a soft towel.
- If there is still residue, repeat the process.
Removing turmeric stains with lemon juice and baking soda
Collect baking soda, lemon juice and your body soap.
- Mix the baking soda and lemon juice, stir it thoroughly until it builds a paste that quickly spreads in your hands.
- If the mixture is too runny, add baking soda. If it’s too thick, add more lemon juice. You can substitute apple cider vinegar if you do not have lemon juice.
- Put a thin layer of paste onto your stained area. Allow it to sit for two to three minutes.
- Please take note that you should not put the paste near your eyes; it can irritate your eyes or even damage your eyesight.
- Rinse it with warm water and use your body soap to remove all the sticky fragments in your body.
- Scrub it with a towel or dark-colored fabric.
Common questions about turmeric stains
How long does turmeric stain your face?
Some people say turmeric is healthy for your skin, however most types of turmeric may end up leaving a lasting stain if you use it on your face. A great alternative is Kasturi turmeric. It is safe and non-staining.
Here are the few examples of how long you can leave turmeric on your face without it leaving a stain.
- Oily Skin Mask
Turmeric can help you regulate all the fatty substances in your face. That is why it can be a perfect addon to your skincare routine. You can put on your face for ten to fifteen minutes without staining.
- Face Cleanser
You can create your facial cleanser using turmeric and chickpea flour. It can leave you with a fresh and comfortable feeling. If you put it in your face, you can leave it for ten to fifteen minutes before rinsing it thoroughly.
What is the fastest way to remove turmeric from your face?
Turmeric plays an essential role in the facial and skin health of many women who use it to exfoliate, regulate their oils, and appreciate nature. But sometimes it leaves a stain that you want to remove quickly.
Here are steps that you can follow to remove the stains from your face quickly:
- Research. You can look on the web about the non-staining turmeric products.
- Ask your dermatologist. Before you put something in your face, make sure that you are not allergic to any substance.
- Use honey or milk as a mixture in turmeric. It can create a thicker mixture than water, and it can create fewer stains.
- The fewer the stains, the faster you can remove the stains from your face.
What is the best way to remove turmeric stains on hands?
Removing turmeric stains can be challenging. This is not just because of the yellow stains that it leaves behind, but also the smell. So, to remove it, you need to act quickly.
Follow these steps to remove turmeric stains from your hands.
- Look for hydrogen peroxide or lemon juice.
- Rub it on your hands or use a bowl to soak it with your fingernails.
- Wash your hands with your soap. Allow it to form bubbles and rinse it with warm water.
- If stains are still there, use a toothbrush with a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda to scrub it.
- Wash your hands with soap and rinse thoroughly.
Turmeric is a powerful plant that you can both use in medicine and keeping your skin healthy. You can appreciate the benefits that you can get from this plant, but what holds us back are the stains and bad smell that it can cause to our skin. To lessen the hassle, you can use vegetable or coconut oil, sugar scrub, and lemon juice and baking soda. It makes your life easier and more comfortable. You can boost your confidence and live a healthy life without thinking about the stains brought by turmeric.