If you end up with turmeric lingering on your face after cooking or exfoliating, you can remove it in a few different ways. To get rid of turmeric stains on your skin, you can use oil, make a sugar scrub, or mix lemon juice and baking soda.
Although it has a bright color, turmeric isn’t difficult to remove. Try these approaches to eliminate turmeric stains while continuing to enjoy its delicious and healthy benefits.
Table of Contents
Using oil to remove turmeric stains from your face
Although, commonly used for cooking, you can also use turmeric to freshen up your face and get rid of acne. But it can leave behind a stain. Luckily, you can easily remove these stubborn stains using olive oil or coconut oil.
These oils can also serve as a moisturizer, cleaning and leaving your skin smoother than ever. The turmeric pigments will dissolve when using the oil, which makes it easier to remove the stains.
Gather olive or coconut oil, a cotton pad, and a soap of your choice. Follow the procedure below to achieve optimal results.
- Warm the olive or coconut oil in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Massage the oil onto your skin. Gently scrub the oil on your skin for 30 seconds.
- Wipe it away with a cotton pad. If you don’t have a cotton pad, you can use a dark-colored towel too.
- The disposable cotton pad will absorb the oil in your skin.
- Continue wiping your skin dry to eliminate the oil. You can also rotate the pad after it absorbs the oil.
- Use soapy water to wash your skin. Let it form bubbles and circle it around the stained area.
- Rinse it with water and use a towel to dry it up.
- Repeat the process if there are still stains on your skin.
A sugar scrub can also be a remedy for turmeric stains
Another skincare method that you can do for your face, and at the same time, remove the turmeric stains, is using a sugar scrub solution. Sugar scrubs are a natural remedy for fighting skin aging. They can help you remove stains and keep your skin glowing at the same time.
You need to collect sugar, a small bowl, warm water, and your face or body soap. Follow the steps below for the best results.
- Mix equal parts sugar and water in a bowl thoroughly.
- Continue stirring until it creates a thick paste.
- Gently apply the sugar scrub on the stained skin area.
- Scrub it on your skin and massage it in a circular motion. To avoid irritation, do not scrub too hard.
- Use your face or body soap and warm water to form a lather.
- Wash the sugar scrub off your face thoroughly until the paste is entirely gone.
- Pat it dry with a soft towel.
- If there is still residue, repeat the process.
Removing turmeric stains using lemon juice and baking soda
The properties of lemon and baking soda create another solution that can effectively get rid of turmeric stains. You’ll need baking soda, lemon juice, and your face or body soap. Follow these steps for the best results.
- Mix equal parts baking soda and lemon juice. Stir it thoroughly until it makes a paste that quickly spreads on your hands.
- If the mixture is too thin, add baking soda and add more lemon juice if it’s too thick. You can substitute apple cider vinegar if you don’t have lemon juice.
- Put a thin layer of the paste on your face. Leave it on for two to three minutes.
- Please take note that you shouldn’t put the paste near your eyes. It can irritate your eyes or even damage your eyesight because of the lemon.
- Rinse it with warm water and use your face soap to remove all the sticky residue on your body.
- Scrub it with a towel or dark-colored cloth.
Common questions about turmeric stains
What can I do to remove turmeric stains on my clothes?
To get rid of turmeric on your clothes, try this remedy. First, run cold water over your clothes stain. Next, soak it with detergent for 20 minutes. If you can’t remove the stains, apply some lemon or bleach to your clothes. Rinse with cold water and then wash your clothes with soap and more cold water.
What is the best way to remove turmeric stains on hands?
Act quickly to remove bad smelling turmeric stains from your hands. Get hydrogen peroxide or lemon and rub it on your hands. If there are stains stuck in your fingernails, scrub them with a toothbrush. Wash your hands with warm soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a dark cloth.
Is it advisable to apply turmeric every day?
Turmeric plays an essential role in a person’s facial and skincare routine. You can use it to exfoliate, regulate your body oils, and appreciate nature. You can use turmeric every day. But, don’t leave it overnight because it will leave behind stains.
When applying turmeric to your face, wash your face with milk afterwards. This will leave your face smooth and glowing. Consult your dermatologist to determine which turmeric products on the market are best for your skin, especially if you suffer from allergies.
Video: Does turmeric tea stain your teeth
Turmeric is a powerful plant that you can both use in medicine and keeping your skin healthy. But you don’t need to hold back anymore. You can remove the stains by using oil, sugar scrub, or lemon juice and baking soda. It makes your life easier and comfortable. You can boost your confidence without thinking about the stains brought by turmeric.