When it comes to a lip gloss stain, you might find one on your clothes. No matter how careful women are when putting on clothes, there is a chance that a slight brush against a glossy lip can transfer the product on their clothes. Almost anyone can end up with this type of stain though.
Luckily, this type of stain can be dealt with effectively. Read further to learn ways on how to remove lip gloss stains.
Table of Contents
How do you get lip gloss stains out of clothes
If you need to remove lip gloss stains from clothes start by scraping off any leftovers. Pre-treat with a product that focuses on grease and oil stains. Wash the clothes in the hottest setting that it can handle according to the washing instructions.
Steps on how to remove lip gloss stains
Let us now take a look at the steps on how to remove lip gloss stains on fabrics in detail.
- Scrape off any leftover lip gloss with a plastic utensil or edge of a credit card.
- Pre-treat the site with a solvent or any type of pre-treatment detergent that specifically focuses on grease or oil stains.
- Wash the stained garment in hot water.
- In case the stain was not fully removed during the first wash, pre-treat the stain again with a solvent.
- Launder the garment using the hottest water available on the washer.
- Air-dry the garment.
Household products for effective removal of lip gloss stains
- Rubbing alcohol. This product works well on lip gloss stains. Just remember to avoid rubbing it on the stain though. Using a cloth or towel, soak it in alcohol. Blot on the stain until it vanishes.
- Liquid dishwashing detergent. A mild liquid dishwashing detergent especially those that were formulated to deal with grease and oil can be used. Simply dab on the detergent on the stain and leave it to soak for 10 minutes. Other alternatives include shampoo, detergent or any cleanser that does not contain any brighteners, bleach, and lighteners.
- Ammonia. Use water to remove the stain on fabric as much as possible. Soak a cotton swab in ammonia and dab on the stain. In case it starts to fade, wash it in warm foamy water.
Can vinegar remove lipstick stains?
Lipstick can complete an outfit, but this beauty staple can often end up on your clothes, upholstery or even on the carpet. If you discover a lipstick stain on your carpet, you can use vinegar, especially on stubborn stains.
Whether the lipstick stain is fresh or old, start by carefully scraping off as much as possible and follow one of the techniques below.
- Dab isopropyl alcohol on a cloth and blot on the stain until it vanishes. Switch the cloth to a new area as the lipstick is shifted to it.
- Spritz a carpet cleaning solution on the stain or plain white shaving cream. Leave in place for up to a minute. Carefully brush the site with a paper towel to remove the cleaner.
- For a stubborn or persistent lipstick stain, mix 1-part white vinegar with 2-parts water. Sponge the mixture on the carpet and blot up the liquid.
Does OxiClean remove lipstick?
Lipstick stains can be hard to remove from clothes due to their oily or grease nature and packed with rich pigment. Luckily, you can use OxiClean to effectively deal with lipstick stains.
- Scrape off any excess lipstick from the fabric using a flat edge. Avoid rubbing on the stain since it will only embed further into the fibers.
- Directly pour OxiClean on the stain until fully saturated.
- Allow soaking the fabric for at least 10 minutes. For fabrics that are prone to color change, do not soak for more than 5 minutes.
- Wash the garment normally with detergent, following the fabric care label.
Does Goo Gone remove lipstick?
When you discover a smear of lipstick on your carpet, it can be undesirable to look at especially on light-colored ones. There is no need to worry if this occurs. Remember though that just like most stains on the carpet, you should act quickly once you discover one. If left for some time, the harder to remove the stain. Simply follow the steps below to get rid of lipstick using Goo Gone.
- With an old towel, apply Goo Gone straight on the stain and push into the carpet.
- You will start to see the stain vanish on the carpet and transfer onto the cloth. Continue until the cloth gradually absorbs the color. You can also utilize dry cleaning fluid in case you do not have Goo Gone.
- Prepare a solution by mixing ¼ cup dish soap, fabric cleaner and warm water.
- With a cloth soaked into this solution, blot on the stain to get rid of any leftover lipstick stain.
- After following these steps, the lipstick stain should be lifted off the carpet.
When you discover a lip gloss stain on your favorite shirt, you must remove it right away. With the methods on how to remove lip gloss stains, the stain can be easily removed and your clothes will look good as new.